Floating Origin Interactive
Balsa Model Flight Simulator review
3 GB available space
Balsa Model Flight Simulator Review
Balsa Model Flight Simulator is an app by Floating Origin Interactive. Balsa Model Flight Simulator was first published on . The app is available for Steam, Other.
A Virtual Flight Experience Like No Other
Balsa is a detailed Model Flight Simulator with a powerful editor where you can design, build, fly and battle with model aircraft.
Created by Felipe "HarvesteR" Falanghe, the original Lead Developer of Kerbal Space Program, Balsa takes the next step in player-built flight simulation games, delivering an entirely new, multi-genre experience for virtual pilots of all skill levels.
Balsa is an Early Access Game, so it is actively being developed. This means you can expect regular updates in the future that add new content, features, and of course, fixes. It also means you get a chance to actively participate in the development of the game by joining our community. We are always listening to feedback from our players and welcome everyone!
- In-game Vehicle Editor - Build anything you can imagine using parts that snap together in a hands-on, intuitive way.
- Paint and Customize your designs - Balsa’s Vehicle Editor allows you to not only build but also paint and apply decals to your vehicles to make them completely your own.
- A physics-based flight model, ensures your designs behave realistically as they fly (and crash).
- Single-player career mode - tackle a range of challenges across a variety of maps and earn currency to further improve your aircraft.
- Free flight sandbox mode where you can hone your skills or enjoy a more relaxed flying experience.
- Paintball Combat - Create and take your aerial combat machine up against other players in model-scale paintball dogfights.
- Moddable to Extremes - Balsa was designed from the ground up to support modding and players will be able to add custom content to everything from new planes and parts to maps and modes.
- A fully supported multiplayer, for up to 16 virtual pilots.
Features planned for the future include:
- An ever-growing array of new parts, allowing you to create helicopters, VTOL craft, rockets, and anything else you can think of!
- Challenge and multiplayer modes
- A fully featured Mission Editor
- More maps will be added
- Plus content that will be added based on ideas we all come up with together as a community!